Thursday, April 30, 2015

Theme and Author's Purpose

Theme and Author's Purpose

Its true, this book was as great as everyone said it was! It was humorous, interesting, well-written, and overall, just fantastic! It also relays the good message of perseverance. When asking about the theme of this spectacular piece of text, the main one would have to be perseverance. 

Throughout this book, and throughout all of the hardships that Wade and his friends face, they never give up the quest for the egg. One line that will I will remember is on p. 166, "Then I made a silent vow not to go outside again until I had completed my quest." While that seems a bit extreme, it shows Wade's devotion. And he doesn't just want to find the egg for the fame, but so he can have a better life which is incredibly admirable. Wade never gave up, and in the end...

I don't want to spoil exactly what happens, as you should give it a read yourself! Cline created this mystical piece of fiction for the purpose of entertaining and inspiring, and he couldn't have done a better job! If you are into sci-fi, or just love geeky stuff involving video games or 80's pop culture, PLEASE give Ready Player One by Ernest Cline a read!

Thank you for reading my blog! Live long and prosper.

2 comments:

  1. "..and in the end..." made me slightly excited to find out what happens, but I suppose now that I should read it! I enjoy a well-written and humorous read, therefore this might be a great book for me! Thanks Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really good book! My dad's name is Wade so I think I'm going to suggest this to him. This blog also makes me want to read this since it is a "mystical piece of fiction."

    ReplyDelete